Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prayer Requst

I found out today that my cousin Brandon was taken to the hospital last night because he was turning yellow. It started out with his eyes becoming really yellow followed by his skin turning yellow as well. He finally gave in and went to the emergency room. They quickly determined that his liver was failing (being attacked by some virus) and they sent him to Champaign. He is currently in Champaign hospital with the hopes of being released tomorrow. He said that he is feeling fine except that his skin itches. His girlfriend explained why his skin itched but I can't remember exactly and if I try to repeat it I will get it all wrong! The doctors believe he caught hepatitis from some animal or bug while he was camping this past weekend. However, the tests come back negative for hepatitis and negative for all of the other tests that they ran. They have told him that it could be any of 3,000 things. Hopefully, he just gets better and his liver returns to normal. Everyone seems optimistic but I would still like to ask everyone to say a quick prayer that he returns to good health.

2 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

I will definately say an extra prayer for your family. Keep us updated

Bridget said...

How scary! Many prayers..