Friday, January 16, 2009

Photojournalism

I submitted my photos for the photojournalism assignment that I received through the Young Business Professionals at State Farm. I had to use some old photos but here is what I posted.

A place where you get good advice about money. Why did I photo State Farm? Because they offer all kinds of courses and presentations that will teach you about mutual funds, stocks, managing money, and more. The only other "place" I could think of other than State Farm was to Laura's house. She does my taxes and answers many of my money questions as well! THANKS LAURA!!!
A place where you feel comfortable asking questions. Ummm... I didn't do this one. I was clueless. Maybe I should have photoed the doctors office???

Something that you don't know anything about. Enough said. :)
Something you with you knew more about. I hear Chad talk about History all of the time and he is pretty passionate about what has happened before us. History bored me in school and I have retained very little of what I learned. Now I wish I could remember all of it. I decided that "history" was my answer to this question. How do you convey that with a photo? This was my best "shot"...


Someone or something that's helped you achieve a goal. This is a photo of a building at Wesleyan University. However, the point was that a university helped me achieve my goal of obtaining a higher education. I took this photo last year in the summer so it was an older photo.
People you trust and turn to for advice (Why? What topic?). I uploaded a photo of Chad that I had from this summer. I often ask him what he would do if... so he became part of my little project. He was thrilled to have his photo posted. haha I also realized that I have very few photos of him and the ones I do have, I either didn't take (wedding photos and such) or it is a photo of him and the girls.


A place where you learn, outside of school. I posted an old photo of our house. Why? Because this is where I read the most. I read various books or things I look up online. Because I do most of this at home, I thought a photo of the house would be great. I didn't want to bundle up to go take one so this is the only one I had. haha...

2 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

good job....lots of thought went into the project. a palce where you feel comfortable asking questions could of been a classroom, your office, or even a group shot of us girls (I hope you feel comfortable with us)

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

Those are some good ideas! I do feel comfortable with you girls! :)