Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kickstart to 2009...

3 classes... somewhat healthy eating, two updates to my blog this week, and a new flash and photo editing book ordered! I think I am kicking 2009 off on the right foot so far!

I attended Pilates Monday morning and my core is still sore. I really enjoyed class though. I thought I would get bored like I normally do in yoga but something was different. I really enjoyed it. Tuesday morning, I went to a class called Zumba. It is basically Latin dance. The instructor doesn't speak, you just follow her moves. It was a blast! I can't wait to go again. Tonight I went to "Party Step". I really enjoyed the class but I didn't quite work up the sweat that I though I would. As for going in the wee-hours of the morning... I LOVE IT! Okay, I HATE getting out of bed but as soon as I walk into the gym I get some sort of weird energy and I am just excited to be there! I was almost sad this morning when I got up at 6:15 knowing that I could almost be done with my workout if I had gone to the gym. Instead I had to wait until tonight for class... and I felt like most of my night was gone. haha

I finally decided on a new flash unit for my camera. I ordered it and hopefully it will be here soon! I can't wait to play around with it. I also ordered a "Gimp Guide for the Artist" book as well as some RAM for my computer. The RAM will allow GIMP to work faster on my computer... it is sooooooooo slow! The book had rave reviews. I can't wait to get my hands on it to learn some more tips and tricks in photo editing.

I also volunteered for a photojournalist opportunity at State Farm. The Young Business Professionals (a club/organization within State Farm) that I am part of was looking for a couple of photojournalist volunteers (not professional). I volunteered although I wasn't sure what I was signing up for. Well, I got the assignment today. Here is what they want me to capture:
  • A place where you get good advice about money
  • A place where you feel comfortable asking questions
  • Something that you don't know anything about
  • Something you with you knew more about
  • Someone or something that's helped you achieve a goal
  • People you trust and turn to for advice (Why? What topic?)
  • A place where you learn, outside of school

Hmmmm... this will be an interesting assignment! I will keep you posted with what I come up with!

1 comment:

Julie Ondo said...

Wow. Impressive. That's really early, but I can truly understand the feeling of accomplishment...
Going to yoga tonight and I will be wishing I am in Pilates!