Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend Events

This weekend I had a small Christmas party with my college girlfriends. Julie, Trish, Leann and Angie came over for dinner and drinks. Everyone took home a cute bag of homemade hot chocolate and they all had a 'seat' with a snowflake ornament, candy canes, and a name tag. I have to admit... it was cute. Dinner was good. Drinks were... interesting! The wine was great but I tried to make some mixed drinks and I think we can all agree that I am no bartender. haha Trish did have the flu bug... poor girl. She was pretty sick from about 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Overall we had a great time and lots of laughs. We also had some interesting "eye-opener" chats before the night ended. I will just leave it at that! haha


Sunday we made a quick trip up to Chad's parents to see his Sister and her family... including the newest addition - Sweet Caroline who is about 3 months old now. She is such a cuddler! I took my camera but I was so busy holding her that I never got the camera out! Oops. I will see her on Wednesday and Friday again though. I will be sure to get some shots. Cheri (Chad's Mom) has the flu bug as well. Hopefully Chad and I are still able to dodge that... although we were exposed to it twice this weekend. The drive to Dixon was a bit stressful. The wind was crazy and they have so much more snow up there that some roads were drifted over pretty heavily. Good thing my truck is a monster!
Have a warm night and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: