Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

Merry Christmas! I know it is late and I am sorry. I always feel like I have to wait to write until my photos are ready. Today I decided, that I will write sooner… even if the photos aren't ready! I do have some cute ones of the kids. We finally met Miss Caroline… she is such a snuggler! I wanted to keep her but Nichole wouldn't let me. Bummer! Pictures are coming… hopefully soon!

Tonight we are going out with Gio and Genny to Medici. The restaurant is fabulous! I can't wait. We have decided to dress is up some… so Chad and I are off to the mall right after work. I am going to put those gift cards to work right away! Haha

This is the first year I have decided to actually make some New Years Resolutions. They might come true if I share them with you all…
1. Establish a workout routine. My goal is not to loose weight… but to get my butt in shape. Since I stopped running, I can really tell a difference. I don't think I want to run again (I don't really enjoy it) but I might work it into a schedule at the gym. I am going to actually sign up for classes at 4-seasons that way I feel obligated to go! We will see if this works.
2. Eat healthier. Lately, my tooth keeps getting sweeter. I love healthy food but I have an addiction to follow it up with something sweet that usually isn't good for me at all. My snacks haven't been very healthy either. I just want to make better choices for an overall healthier lifestyle.
3. Photo-tastic. I want to take more time out to experiment and play with my camera and some of the manual settings that I am not that good at yet (examples: adjusting white balance on the fly and using my hot shoe flash unit).
4. Keep my After the Diamond New Year Resolutions (see www.afterthediamond.blogspot.com) for those.
5. Blog at least twice a week… if I can accomplish that, I will feel like I can blog something without being too boring in the day to day happenings.

Let me know if I start to slack in any of these areas! That’s what friends and family are for… honesty! Leave a comment if you wish with your resolution and I will try to help you stick to yours!

I wish you all the best for a wonderful and prosperous 2009!

3 comments:

Emily/Randomability said...

The class from 4-Seasons that I LOVED was hips/buns/thighs/abs express. It is a total of 45 minutes and was great. After they changed the date/time, I couldn't make it anymore. We ended up canceling our membership as we weren't using it as often anymore.

I've been lax about exercising as well, so I hope to get back in the groove too. We'll see.

The Incredible Mrs. Sean Schick said...

My resolution is to start recycling. I know, it's terrible that we haven't been doing that for the past few years! The town of Normal makes us work a little harder for recycling because they don't do curbside pick up.

Tony said...

Happy New Year 2009!