Thursday, April 3, 2008

Several Updates…

The past week has been a roller coaster. Unfortunately Chad lost his Grandpa Kocher two nights ago. He has been in and out of the hospital and in quite a bit of pain. Although he was weak, we all had hopes that he would continue to get better. He died in his sleep in the house that he was born in. He is in a better place now and watching over us.

My Dad has been having problems with his shoulder. When they finally did an X-Ray and an MRI, they realized that a pretty intense surgery was needed to fix the problems. His surgery was on April 1st, no joke. The doctors repaired as much as they could but they were not able to fix it 100%. His arm is in a sling and he can not move it at all for the first two weeks. My Mom is taking time off to take care of him. The estimated time for recovery is about a year. After the first two weeks, he should be able to start therapy. Please keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

On a much better note, Valerie had her baby! She delivered a beautiful healthy baby boy. They named him Brody Lane. Brody was almost 9 pounds (8 lbs 12 oz - I think). Although this was her 3rd delivery and her biggest baby, the delivery went very smoothly. She called me about an hour and a half after Brody was born. It sounded like she was out for a walk in the park. She sounded fabulous!

I got my camera one week ago today! I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it yet. Once I do, I will get some photos posted. So far, the picture quality is out of this world. I love it. I have taken a bunch of random photos, and deleted most of them. I still have a lot to learn… about the camera and about the digital world. I went to a photography seminar with Bridget on Monday. I learned a lot but left with many questions.

I was also up visiting Julie this past weekend. We had a scrapbooking weekend. We also squeezed in some shopping and we found some great bargains at Banana Republic. While I was up there… Chad flew out to Virginia to watch Jeremy graduate from an FBI program. Congrats to Jeremy! Chad, Shawn, and Jeremy drove back. Sounds like they had an interesting adventure!

That’s all for now… pictures to come soon… I promise!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Chad's grandfather.. He is in our Father's hands now, and you're right, watching over.. Hope your dad has a smooth recovery.. youch!