Monday, April 28, 2008

GIMP

I finally found some time tonight to sit down with my photo editing software... GIMP. It is similar to Photoshop but it is free. I imagine that it is missing some of the features the photoshop offers but since I am pretty new at this... it works for me. I have been trying to figure out how to take a color photo, convert is to B&W, and pull certain color portions out. I finally gave up trying and printed out an online tutorial. I have been wanting to try this little trick with Tempest and the blue ribbon. It worked great but the blue ribbon isn't as striking in the black and white. Actually it doesn't even look blue. I compared the two photos and the ribbon is the same. I think my mind is playing tricks on me. Oh well... At least I learned something!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Learning.. it's addicting =) hehe