Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Accomplishments

Is the weekend really over already? I had a list of things a mile long to get done this weekend. The list is now about a 1/2 mile long. At least I accomplished some items on that list!

I met my sister in Springfield yesterday to go prom dress shopping with her. Next weekend is her senior prom. I can hardly believe it. She will graduate in a month and a half. Then in about 3 months after that, she will head off to Culver Stockton for college. Wow... my 'lil sis is growing up. Kayla did find a dress... it is beautiful. Long, black, and flowing with sequence at the top. She is accenting it with red jewelry, red shoes, and a red sash. She will look STUNNING. Not only did she find a dress but since it is so close to prom... she got one heck of a deal on it. The first dress we found that she liked was $180. Since she didn't want to spend that much, we kept looking and stumbled upon the dress she bought. When she had it on, she knew she really liked it and she hesitantly asked me to look at the price. It was $22! I get excited about good deals... she then found her shoes on sale, and the jewelry on sale. She was having a LUCKY day!

Friday, Chad and I went and bought a grill with our gift cards that we still had from our wedding. Since our last one broke, we were due for a new one. This one is really nice. We couldn't grill on Saturday because I was gone so we grilled steaks and asparagus for lunch today. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wish I ate like that EVERY day. It was delicious. Following that, I started working on photos and Chad baked. YUP! He was Mr. Betty Crocker. He made a batch of cookies. They were the perfect follow-up to a great meal!

My biggest accomplishment this weekend was finishing Heather's pictures. That is one big check mark off of my list. I just HOPE she likes them! Here are a couple more...





Now that I have finished the photos and updated my blog, I am headed to bed. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning it will be warm again. Just when I was getting used to 60 degree weather with mild wind... here comes rain, 50 degree weather with a ridiculus wind chill making it seem like it is in the 30's! SHEESH! And they call this "Spring."

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay on the dress! My kind of shopping!.. .Steaks.. you're sending me to bed craving a steak now! lol.. Great job on the pics! Thumbs up!

Unknown said...

What no pictures of Travis flipping you off? No fun. =]
Love
Sis.
P.s. What is GIMP? And if it did the thing with Tempest and the ribbon, how can I get it? My program doesn't do that.