Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blog Lag

Okay... I know, I know... it has been a while. Bridget keeps reminding me what a horrible blogger I am. I promise to be better...

I guess there isn't much new since my last post. I am still waiting to order my camera. I have requested a credit card from Amazon and I am waiting to receive it before I place my order. However, my patience is growing very thin. I thought I was usually a pretty patient person... but HOLY MOLY - I can't take it anymore! I need to get it and practice before Heathers wedding gets here!!! Here is a photo of the camera... I forgot where I stole it from... oops...



Alright... lets talk about age. Sometimes I feel old. Chad and I went down to my parents this weekend and ... well... scooped poop. Yup... scooped poop. My parents needed help cleaning out the barn - specifically Mystic's stall. For those of you who don't know, Mystic is my sister and I's horse. She was a gift from Jady (my cousin) & A.J. (her hubby). Mystic is a great horse but cleaning out her stall was some crappy work... HAHA! My back is STILL sore! At 28, am I really old enough to have back problems or I am really that out of shape. (Probably both!)

Keeping on the age topic, my Grandma Schroyer has had a full life of 92 years. She had an accident when I was in college of which we aren't really sure what happened. She was rushed to the emergency room and died twice on the operating table. Once they 'stablized' her, they gave her 2 hours to live. The doctors don't know my Grandma very well. She is hard headed and stubborn. She is still hanging in there and it has been almost 10 years since the accident. Anyway... I have to tell you all a story. My Grandma talks about a guy that is in the same retirement home as she is. She talks about him fairly frequently and I have often teased her about getting married again. She has always laughed it off and told me they were just friends. However, my mother called me the other day and informed me that my Grandmother told her she had done something she probably shouldn't have. She kissed her crush!!! I was laughing so hard. What makes it funnier, is that he didn't like it. He backed away and got mad at my Grandma. In her defense, Grandma told my mom ... "If he would just get over that dead wife of his, everything would be just fine!" Can you believe that?!?! I told you she was hard headed. I give her credit for having the cahones to give it a shot. What have you got to loose at 92???? :)

Chad and I also ventured to Taylorville the weekend prior to watch Kayla in her senior play... her final year. She did FANTASTIC. It is sad to see her in her last High School play... but we know there will me more at Culver-Stockton. The private college in Missouri that she has decided to attend! I am sure there are exciting times ahead for her!

On a different note, Chad and I went to Midwest Food Bank tonight and volunteered. I am a council member of State Farm Community Volunteers. Tonights activity was one of our 'Council in Action' opportunities. We had a lot of fun. We scooped Rice Crispies cereal into large zip lock bags. Midwest Food Bank is a great organization. We learned a lot about them and got a tour of their facility while we were there. Over 98% of the donations go directly to feeding those in need. Check them out... http://www.midwestfoodbank.com/

One final thing before I head off to bed... we had the girls groomed on Monday. BOY are they cute - especiall with the bows in their hair! I will post a picture soon!!!

Nighty night!

3 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

Wow...now that was random stuff! Congrats for kayla!! She will a little over an hour from where I grew up!!! The head volleyball coach at C-S was my high school volleyball coach!
Love and Miss Ya

Bridget said...

Yay!.. I am proud.. sniff, sniff.. :P I'm sprinkling, Amazon speed the heck up dust your way, as I type!.. For all those back issues you have, I think that DEFINITELY calls for a daily back rub from your hubby.. Ah'hem.. Ohhhh Chaaaaa-aaaaaddd.. That story about your grandma still cracks me up.. What a hoot! Sounds like time well spent at the food bank.. Good for you guys =)

mandy said...

hmmmm finally you have it......ohh look at the cutee smile on your face.....Let me capture that one Mirranda Smile pleaseee!!!!!...congo!! sahi!!!