Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reflections

As Jude's birthday approaches, I keep reflecting on how fast the first year went. It really is hard to remember every detail! I regret not taking better notes and journalling everything. I have(re) organized his pictures. The changes amaze me. Jude went from a babbling, sleeping 9 pounder to a squealing, giggling, toddling, 24 pound little man in a year.
As I sit here and think about my favorite moments, I realize how long this blog could actually become. I remember his first giggle. Chad was on the phone with Marvin and I kept screaming at him to come to the bedroom... Jude was giggling! I didn't want him to miss it. Other favorite memories include the open mouth drooling kisses. Sometimes you can get several in a row. Jude is such a snuggler... he kisses, he hugs, he snuggles! He is also a hitter, pincher, thrower, and biter (ouch!). He isn't trying to be mean... I think he is just exploring his world and his capabilities. Taking a bottle for the first time, rolling over, scooting, crawling, pulling himself up to a standing position, clapping, are all some other fond memories that I want to lock up in a safe place and never let them fade away. We are even watching him take a couple new steps every night... without holding onto anything. The expression on his face, that look of accomplishment brings me pure joy!
When it comes down to it, I think Jude is pretty perfect. I am slightly biased, but even if you aren't his mother, I tend to think that you would agree with me!

1 comment:

Laura Roethle said...

He is absolutely perfect! I can't wait to see him again!