Saturday, July 30, 2011

Divided attention

As I write this, I am watching RANGO! So far, it is a pretty cute movie.
We had a great time with Nichole, Dwayne, and the kids! I didn't get my camera out enough but I got a few shots. I did get some really cute shots of Caroline and Tempest playing with bubbles but those shots were taken with my phone. Besides playing bubbles, we tried to stay cool as the heat index reached 100+ degrees. The guys played golf and the girls were able to go wedding dress shopping with Sheena. Family visited, kids played in the pool, and I even was able to do a little shopping with Nichole! Below are some shots from our visit (sorry for the lack of family/people shots!!!)
Yesterday's photography session at Navy Pier in Chicago was educational, motivational, and fun! Capturing true emotion was able to refresh some things that I already knew and enlighten me to some aspects of photography and to some of my camera settings that I had not yet explored. I can't wait to put it all to the test as I start photographying things (Jude) around home. My two favorite pictures from yesterday...
The picture above was my first attempt at panning! I can't wait untill Jude is playing sports. With a little practice, I think I will be able to get some cool shots in the near future.
Alright RANGO, you have my full attention!

No comments: