Saturday, June 6, 2009

English Charm, Irish Spirit

May 21st - June 3rd
14 days
England
Ireland
My wonderful husband
Two great friends, Julie and Grant
Beautiful weather
English Charm
Irish Spirit

What else could I ask for? Nothing! We had a great trip! Sorry I didn't update my blog with our travels and photos but I didn't bring my computer. We were trying to pack as light as possible. I will be updating photos and details about each day over the next few weeks. (Way too much for one entry).

May 20th - May 22nd
We spend the evening at my in-laws so that Terry could take us to the airport the following day. We left Rhyme and Tempest at home with Marvin who had agreed to watch them for the next two weeks. THANKS A MILLION MARVIN! We arrived at the airport on Thursday almost 4 hours early! Terry had to get to work. Chad and I entertained ourselves with our great people watching skills. We had quite a few laughs as we waited for Julie and Grant to arrive.

We spent 4 hours at the airport, 2 hours on a flight to Philadelphia, 7 hours on a flight to Ireland, 4 hours waiting for a ferry to England, 2 hours on a ferry, 4 hours on a train to London, and about 30 minutes on two separate cab rides to get to the right Bed & Breakfast. BOY, were we tired! Once we made it to the B&B in London, I fell in love with it. Our host was just wonderful. Lady Winnington is what she went by. We were on the 4th floor and we had to carry our luggage up. That was quite a haul but well worth it. The rooms were adorable, not to mention the breakfast room. The breakfast room was a sun room off of the 2nd floor. Adorable. After a very healthy and fresh breakfast, we headed out to tour London on Saturday. We saw Buckingham Palace, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Green Park, Big Ben, and the London Eye. We wanted to go up in the London Eye (famous Farris wheel) but the wait was over an hour long so we passed.

Buckingham Palace

Tower Bridge


The London Eye



Big Ben

I will post again tomorrow. I need to clean some things, finish our vacation laundry and edit about 800 photos! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Katie Heupel said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! Looking forward to more pics and tales!

BTW - when did you redesign the site? Love it! That's the downfall to only reading through my RSS reader.... I don't see these updates!

The Wietholder's said...

glad you made it safely...looks like a great trip!

Bridget said...

Looks like an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear more/see more =)