Thursday, October 16, 2008

Terrible Tragedy - Danny Buesinger

Last Wednesday I was working in the yard and I came inside, my phone was ringing. I just missed it. I picked it up and realized I had 5 missed calls. My heart sank - I knew something was wrong. All 5 calls were from Valerie and Chad. I called them back immediately and Chad answered… extremely upset. Valerie's brother had just been killed in a terrible accident. Danny was only 17 years old. He was on a friends mini dirt bike and pulled out onto a country road at the top of the hill. The neighbor saw it all happen and said he looked both ways. It appears that there was a blind spot for him when he looked to his right. Danny's uncle was on his way home, coming up the hill. Danny was hit and killed instantly. I went home first thing Friday morning and spend the rest of the weekend through Monday with Valerie and her family. Everyone was in shock. Everyone was at a loss. The visitation was Sunday night and the funeral was on Monday. The funeral director said there were about 1,000 people that came through. Danny was ornery but he really was a good kid. He was popular and loved by everyone who knew him. He will be greatly missed. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they try to pick up the pieces.


Rest In Peace Danny - We all miss you.

6 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

Oh my goodness..please share my sympathies with Valerie and Chad.

Bridget said...

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear about this.. Such a tragic thing to happen.. May God be w/ Valerie & her family, and everyone's lives that were touched by this young man..

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry for something like this happening, but there are hundreds similar accidents happening everyday and I am just wondering how only few get out and how everyone feels so sorry for those and try to support but there are thousand people who cry alone. My sister died in a similar accident four years ago and noone even cared.

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

To the bypasser who left a comment. I hope you come back and find that I wrote back to you. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. May she rest in peace and God bless you. Thank you very much for your comment. I will also share it with my best friend.

Anonymous said...

I was one of Danny's friends here in Taylorville, i haven't had the nerve to say anything because it still gets me to this day...almost every weekend im visiting his grave and it seems every time i can think of something new that he had me tear up on my truck and also seems every time im there i break down because i miss him so much...I can't say i was his best friend but we were close, we went to grade school together all the way up to that night, and the night it happened i was one of the boys who watched the hearse drive out there...i heard it had happened from another friend calling me...i turned a 15 minute drive into a 5 minute drive to go pick up one of my buddies and we drove straight out there.. To this day i remember his face, his talk, his laugh, and his love and passion to somehow convince someone else to tear up their vehicle because that is wat he did to me.....Danny was my friend and i miss him so much it can't even be described, every time i visit him i always tell him if i could have one more day with him i would give anything in the world for it and i honestly mean it...I love danny still to this day as my friend and i will never forget him, and if he can read this then your guys say hi everyone of us..Matt RYRY Bryce Jeffery Drew Ben David Philip Andrew Lee Kris Bazzle Buck Brent and so many more its impossible to name I miss u man

Unknown said...

To my son and all the friends and family and all that has been touched by Danny's death... while I can now drive down my road and into my driveway without seeing the accident happen... while I no longer have nightmares... while I can speak to Henry w/out wanting to scream and yell and cause him bodily harm... Danny is not forgotten. I hope everyone finds some peace. Just yesterday my best friend, I and my grandkids went out and planted mums next to the cross in our front yard. He is missed. He is never far from our thoughts and prayers.

The neighbors.