Monday, August 11, 2008

Broken Ribs and Baby Showers

Broken Ribs and Baby Showers? What a title for this blog!

The "Broken Ribs" part is referring to my husband who was "leveled" on the flag football field. You know… the no-contact football game. I guess when he went down after another player illegally charged him, he got the wind knocked out of him and had a hard time getting his breath which caused him to dry heave. Little did he know, he had broken a rib (actually, the player that hit him broke it with his head). He played the second half of the game and played a full softball game right after football ended. He seemed to be in pain but thought it was just bruised. He refused to go to the emergency room but finally decided a trip to the doctor might be worthwhile when he woke up in a lot of pain. Sure enough… broken. I guess that means no more football or softball this year. Well, at least for the next 6 weeks. Chad does like to push the limits though… he has already found that he can do the elliptical at the gym without TOO MUCH pain. OUCH! Oh yeah… the player that hit him did get a penalty: loss of a down and 15 yards. Do you think that taught him a lesson? Hmmm…

And the "Baby Showers" is referring to the baby shower I had for Laura this weekend. Everything went fine and we had a good turnout. Laura got a lot of cute stuff and several books for her baby library. I will post a picture of the gift I made for her tonight (or tomorrow). :) I will get back to being a good blogger again soon… I promise!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

My goodness! Tell that boy to slow down and take it easy! Eeek!