Sunday, January 6, 2013

Baby Bump

As much as I love to take pictures, I am terrible at taking weekly pictures of my growing baby bump.  However, thanks to an Amazon gift card that I got from my sister for my birthday, I am now the proud owner of a wireless trigger for my camera.  This will make taking baby bump pictures much easier.  I hope to take pictures every week until the end of the pregnancy.  We will see how well I do with this goal.  So far, I have pictures (shown below) from 7 weeks, 19 weeks, 26 weeks, and today (28 weeks).

We have been talking to Jude a lot about having a sibling.  I have also been showing him baby books that show a Mommy's belly with the baby inside.  Not sure he quite gets it yet but I love the kisses and hugs that he gives my belly.  Every once in a while, he wants me to kiss the baby in his belly.  haha

So far, this pregnancy has been a breeze.  It has been very similar to my pregnancy with Jude.  Although I have no cravings for milk, I feel great, I seem to be carrying the same (straight out front with a big baby bump), and I haven't been sick (with a minor exception).  The biggest differences are that I haven't been sleeping as well, I have been much hungrier, and I had to be put on progestorone for the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy.  I was sleeping great until a few weeks ago.  Once I finally fall asleep, I wake up in the middle of the night and find myself sleeping on my back (you are supposed to sleep on your side - not your back after you hit 20 weeks).  At this point, rolling over isn't easy either - it requires a 5 point turn.  When it comes to eating, I seem to eat twice as much as Chad.  I am constantly hungry.  I did not experience this with Jude.  My pre-pregnancy appetite with Jude was pretty much the same when I was pregnant with him.  This pregnancy, just pass me 2nds and 3rds, please.  As for the progesterone, the doctor put me on progesterone pills until I was 16 weeks pregnant because my progesterone levels were low.  I also didn't experience this with Jude, but I don't remember being tested for it either.  While I was on the progesterone, I felt nauseaus.  The doctor told me that the nasea was likely a side effect of the pills and not of the pregnancy.  Once he took me off of two pills a day (one in the morning and one before bed) and only had me take one before bed, I felt great.  Luckily, we are well past having to take those.

At this point, 28 weeks, I still feel great.  Just trying to enjoy all of the kicks and movements that I feel inside of me.  I am fortunate that I felt the baby move very early, with both pregnancies.  This pregnancy I felt the baby move in the late part of my 16th week.  With Jude, I felt him move in the late part of the 17th week.  I do think that is the coolest part of being pregnant.  Just knowing that there is another life form growing inside of me that will soon come out and give Jude a playmate, sibling, tormenter, and best friend is heartwarming.  Until he/she arrives, we spend time snuggling, playing, reading, and talking about the baby.  I am very blessed.  Life is good.

                                                                     7 week photo:

                                                                    19 week photos:



26 week photos:

28 week photos:
Well, the 28 week photo was on my to do list for today and I never quite got there.  I will get to it before week 28 is over (it doesn't even officially start until tomorrow).  I did remeasure (see photo above) and I am 39 inches around instead of 38.  Gaining an inch in two weeks?  I will just assume that is normal.  :) 

No comments: