Saturday, December 29, 2012

Catch up


**Although not posted, this blog was written on November 17th, in the truck on the way to see the Davis Family.

This post is more for myself and Chad as a reminder of all the things our little man has been up to. With another one the way, life is about to get more hectic and it is going  to be hard to remember the little things. To sum it up, Jude turned two on Halloween. He ranks right at 50% for both height and weight. He has been saying (or screaming) his ABCs for a couple of months already. He can count to 10, knows his colors, and his shapes. Everyone seems to be impressed with his speaking abilities. He already speaks between 6 and 7 word sentences and his words are very clear. (Although, sometimes bear sounds like beer.) We think part of the reason he is so advanced with his speaking is because he LOVES to read. Just grab a book and you have his undivided attention. We don't purchase toys anymore because he doesn't really play with them. He just constantly asks to be read to. Jude knows a lot of nursery rhymes and still uses his sign language abilities every now and then. 

The last few weeks have brought a few changes. He now sits facing forward in his car seat. When we head to the car Jude says "facing forward" with a big smile on his face. He is now adamant that he dresses himself, he has to pick out his own clothes, and has started potty training. He started showing interesting potty training a couple of months ago. I realized his interest one night when Marvin was over visiting. I took the girls outside to do their business and Marvin agreed to keep an eye on Jude. When I came back inside I could hear Marvin and Jude in the bathroom. Jude was saying "go potty again" and Marvin was confirming that was what he wanted. I walked into the bathroom and Marvin was holding Jude on the toilet with his pants and diaper still on. Marvin looked up at me an said "potty training?" I replied with "nope, are you?" We have been laughing about that day ever since. I found out at daycare a few days later that they had been sitting Jude on the toilet there because he was showing interest. We got him a potty chair for his 2nd birthday (I know, what a gift!) and he likes to "go potty like a big boy". 

Jude loves to help me bake and cook.  After I chop things up, he puts them in the pan or he dumps whatever I have measured into the bowl.  We make quite the mess... but I am a messy cook/baker without his help anyway.

Jude is also quite the lady's man at school.  First it was Abigail.  Miss Kelly, one of his teachers, caught them holding hands under the table - unprompted!  She grabbed her camera and was able to capture the moment.  A few days later, he was hugging AND kissing Aubrey.  Now he calls both of them on his play phone and tells them that he loves them.  We are going to have our hands full! 

Jude is an echo.  We have to be very careful about what we say around him.  He repeats everything!  He also has a tendancy to say "Mommy, Mommy - look at me!"  Once you look at him he makes a lion noise... "VARRRRR".  SO CUTE!

Yup... that's our kid.  Smart, cute and generally awesome.  We can't wait to meet number two!  Jude knows I have a baby in my belly and he likes to kiss the baby.  I am not sure if he really understands how our world will be changing though.  

Hopefully, it won't be so long before my next post.  Trying to remember all the little things makes my brain play quite a game of catch up.

No comments: