Friday, January 21, 2011

Doctors and Bumbo's

Coughs, congestion, and sneezes don't keep my little man from smiling and cooing. I do feel quite bad for him, though. This cold has gone on long enough. At his doctor appointment on the 7th, he was congested and the doctor said not to worry - it would clear up. The days went by and he wasn't getting any better. Finally, on Tuesday, I called them up and asked what I should do. They said to bring him back in. We went to the doctor. Jude was very hungry but in a great mood. He was flirting with the nurses with his cute little smile and "chatter". That was... until one of them put saline solution up his nose and sucked it out to get snotters for an RSV test. He didn't like her anymore. Fortunately, although Dr. B thought his cough sounded like RSV, his test came back negative. We did find out that he has an ear infection and I had to give him a breathing treatment to open up his lungs. While giving him his breathing treatment, I asked the nurse to take a photo. (She probably thought I was crazy for wanting a photo.) He was smiling at me through his mask for about 1/2 of the 5 minute treatment. Then he got mad and wanted to eat. He sounded better after the treatment so Dr. B said that as of right now, we don't have to buy a nebulizer. However, if he doesn't get better, we will probably be doing breathing treatments at home. Today, he still doesn't sound very good. Chad thinks his cough sounds more productive because the crap in his throught is loosening up. I am not convinced. If he isn't better next week, we are definitely going back to the doctorJude was born a strong boy. He was able to lift his head on day one. I guess that is what happens when you have a 9 pounder. :) Since he can hold his head up pretty consistently at this point, I decided to let him sit in the bumbo for a bit.

Jude has also been enjoying his new "gym". We put a pillow under him and watched him stare at the singing sun, coo, and kick his legs. He was a happy baby.

In other news... Julie is here and is a snuggle bug too. I think Jude likes her. :)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oh no! Hope he feels better soon!