Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

Sometimes it is really hard to think of a mothers day gift. This year was no different. As a matter of fact, I didn't even send out a card (apologies to my mother and mother-in-law)! However, we did make it a special mothers day for Grandma Kocher. Her barn and garage have needed cleaned out for quite some time now. Chad and I, along with many other family members got together this weekend to cleaned them out as our mothers day gift to Grandma. It was a lot of work but you won't believe the things we found. She is going to have an auction to get rid of most of it. LOTS of antiques. For example... Chad brought back a large glass Shell bottle that they used to deliver your oil in. He is going to ebay that along with several other items and give Grandma the money. He said there is already one other bottle out there like the one he has and it is going for $180. I will post some pictures when I get a chance to take a couple! :)

Chad spent tonight cleaning dirt out of the road. The rain and storms pestered us on Saturday night and most of Sunday while we were at Grandma's. We were hoping that they didn't hit Bloomington as bad but they did... and washed our black dirt right back out to the road. I bet our neighbors (and the mailman) love it when that happens. We make all kinds of artwork down the road with muddy tires. haha

I also finished a book this weekend titled "When God Whispers Your Name". It was a good book and a pretty quick read. I learned a coulple of things but I really like the stories he shared the most.

I have a lot going on the rest of this week. We are going to watch Katlin's soccer game tomorrow, Chad has a softball game, and we are hoping to squeeze dinner in there with Lisa and Katlin and whoever else is in Bloomington. I need to write and give a speech, work on baby shower invites for Nikki's shower, and work on some things for two clients that I have right now. Speaking of... I think I decided on a logo. I can draw it but haven't figured out how to do it on the computer yet. So... I tried in "paint". This is a bad example of what is going on in my head but you get the idea. I was using an acronym for After The Diamond. Let me know what you think! :)



1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'll have to check out that book.. better yet, we'll swap. I need to lend you that lighting one.. Great finds at Grandma's house.. I see it, I'm envisioning something.. I'll see what I can play around with for your logo too =)